All Irwin wheelsets are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects in material and workmanship for 2 YEARS, from the date of the original purchase from an authorized Irwin dealer/ distributor. The warranty applies only to the original owner and does not transfer to subsequent owners.
This warranty does not cover
- Normal wear and tear to bearings.
- Normal wear and tear caused by cassettes engaging onto the cassette body.
- Any damage, failure or loss caused by alteration, accident, misuse, negligence, abuse, failure to follow instructions or warnings in assembly instructions. The Irwin instructions can be found online at http://www.irwincycling.com/support/downloads
- Any damage, failure or loss caused by using bicycles for stunt riding, ramp jumping, acrobatics, or other similar activities, or in any manner other than normal cycling.
- Any damage caused by the use of parts that are not compatible, suitable and/ or authorized by Irwin.
- Any damage resulting from commercial (rental) use.
- All labor charges connected to the repair or the replacement of wheelsets and cost of shipment to and from the authorized Irwin dealers/ distributors, are excluded and are not covered by this warranty.
- Irwin brake pads are provided with Irwin rims and complete wheelsets. Failure to use Irwin brake pads will void the warranty.
- Irwin products with defaced, removed or altered serial numbers.
- Warranty does not apply to damage related to a crash, impact and normal wear and tear.
Normal wear and tear refers to:
- Worn out braking surface
- Worn or damaged brake pads
- Damaged spokes from crashing or poor shifting
- Damaged braking surface from poor braking adjustment
- Superficial chips and scratches on rim or components.
Limitation of Liability
The sole remedy for breach of the limited warranty set forth herein is Irwin’s repair, replacement or refund, as described herein. In no event shall Irwin be liable for any other damages or liability, including special, incidental or consequential damages based upon breach of warranty, breach of contract, negligence, strict tort, or any other legal theory, and including damages arising from or related to any physical injury to person or property. Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exception may not apply to you. This warranty, and statutory law, gives the consumer specific legal rights, and those rights may very from place to place.
In order for warranty to take effect, product must be registered at www.irwincycling.com/registration.
When sending in an item for wheel warranty, PLEASE remove all accessory items, including tires, tubes, cassettes, skewers, computer magnets, etc. We will not be liable for lost or damaged accessories if you fail to remove these items.